Tuesday, August 21, 2007

More Than Just Window Shopping!

Perusing the racks at the CUSP Georgetown store during its advertised luncheon (well, it’s more informal than that), makes me comfortable being around semi-luxury clothes. This was not always the case. In my Banana Republic working days, I felt ashamed of my working class origins (I never saw anything over $250 in a mall before!); Although still married to the sales rack (you’d find the best stuff on sale at Neiman Marcus and Saks!), I successfully managed to overcome it. Though I occasionally splurge on an item, I am still a bargain hunter at heart. While looking at certain prices (a $350 dress would net me an entire Ann Taylor suit and Marmi shoes or an entire New York & Company slack collection), I did love the $750 gold sequin dress which’ll make me look like Tina Turner! :)

No comments: