Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Embracing all of Life's Possibilities

Embrace (verb): to readily accept.

I have embraced turning 30 with such a fervor that, I have no intention to be 18, 21, or 25 again. Finally I have a job in my major and am self-sufficient. Why go through it just to change some things. My goal is to be a mentor to the younger generation and fight for better access to opportunities. Education is the reason why I am here and I want to extend that to those who come behind me. During my fourth decade on earth, I will endow my book scholarship to ensure that other first-generation college students can afford books since they now costs in excess of $500 per semester. That’s a huge burden for many whose parents can barely afford life’s essentials let along lofty collegiate expectations. However, obtaining a college degree is indispensable in today’s society; therefore, it is imperative to provide a means of funding for these students since they are our future!

No comments: