Friday, July 14, 2006

Educationally and Financially Fit

I have successfully landed an apartment, disputed a restaurant charge and made it through the week! Yes, I have spent beyond my means this pay but the circumstances are one-time and will never happen again. I’m moving into an apartment and that requires application and holding fees, transportation costs associated with this endeavors, writing checks to get out of debt and purchasing a pair of new shoes because my old pair has a hole. There will be more one-time charges such as the community college application fee, applying to another graduate school and moving costs.

My financial meeting went well because enrolling in the program saved me over $225! This windfall allowed me to pay out of pocket for my community college course. Yesterday the Assistant Dean of Math approved of my enrolling in precalculus. Now I will contact her about online class and receiving assistance at her campus. I need to pass this class in order to take calculus.

In ten days I will ace the GRE and the online the prewriting course blew me away! My answers weren’t anything like the test’s. I guessed that because I disliked talking a lot, my communication style was less expressive. However, learning to expand my vocabulary and create transition would be integral towards scoring 6.0 on the GRE. Completing lessons 1 and 2 has helped me improve my writing (Writing a persuasive email to a Senator DeWine also helps enhance my skills! ). My goal is to improve my writing over the weekend, take the GRE practice test on Monday and score higher!

No comments: