Friday, July 21, 2006

Counting Coins

An abundance of good financial news has come my way since yesterday. My student loan consolidation has been approved and though the first repayment starts mid-August , I will notify the lender that I have transferred to another graduate school, thereby continuing my deferment. Also the community college transcripts arrive and I have decided that after completing my precalculus class at a metro DC area community college that I will transfer to state college because I would have achieved one year residency in Washington, DC then I will transfer my mathematics credits since it is much cheaper. An added bonus would be if the university allows me to pay undergraduate tuition for my math classes that would yield an even bigger cost savings because the state college's tuition rate for three credit undergraduate course is $270 while the graduate tuition rate is $675. That's a $405 difference!


There is more good news. Even though my bank cannot locate my money order, it has told me to take my receipt and money order to the post office to trace it which I will do. Since both items at home, tracing my money order should be a synch. Next time use the official bank envelopes so that there will be mishaps.

Greater news: The apartment manager has called human resources to confirm my employment thus allowing me to move in August.

1 comment:

Nancy Tyrrel said...

Carla, Thanks for your support on my site. It continues to confound me how people can't distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants. I'm keeping after this issue because the addition of 11 million unscrutinized illegal aliens and their families that they then could then bring in (how many millions more) would be a disaster for our country.

I don't know how much impact my voice can make, but I feel it is a citizen responsibility to be a "Paul Revere" on this subject.

I greatly admire, and am very impressed with, your educational achievements. I wish you only the best for what I'm sure will be a bright future.