Saturday, September 21, 2013

Not Waiting for Destiny to Intervene

            I’ve just purchased the COR/COTR Answer book today using my credit card because I couldn’t wait until next Saturday in order to start working on my dream. Using Amazon Prime, it’ll arrive on Monday. In between now and Monday, I will read my ebook and write down some notes. Furthermore, I’ll ask my boss about COTR training but am prepared to foot the bill myself.  I know that by next Saturday I will have read at least 140 pages. I will earn my COTR certification the first time.

            I’ve never been someone who waits for an opportunity especially when there’s a clear pathway to getting it.  Most GS-15s manage contracts and COTR lets me do it.  There’s also managerial encouragement. The deputy director said ‘there was always a need for another COTR’. Well, all the more reason to go for it. 

No comments: