Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Something New Comes This Way

            I have learned that I can leave my apartment for another one if I have a good reason. For a time, I’ve been in escrow. Here I’m thinking that I need to go straight to homeownership but there are other available options. I love it because I will move out by Labor Day. I’ve been here for six years. I’ve arrived as a GS-09 and will leave as a GS-14. Not too many people can say that he or she has received a grade increase every year.

            My goal is to manage my money better especially since I’m earning more than the DC median income. After everything that has transpired, I am better off than most. At least I have some options versus others. Since I am making more money, I know that I can save an enormous down payment and stay in midtown DC. However, having earned my PMP I know that I’m capable of making more money so I’ll start looking for consultancy work. I know that I can earn more money. If I can go from GS-09 to GS-14 then certainly I can move up the same. If I truly want something, I just assemble a plan and execute it.

No comments: