Thursday, July 04, 2013

Adapt

            On Independence Day, I receive an email from one of my LinkedIn recruiter connections saying that she’ll check out some PMP-related opportunities. With my current situation in limbo, I must adapt. That means submitting my resume on holidays. Independence Day isn’t Christmas, Easter or Good Friday.

            In the spirit of Independence Day which gives me the freedom to choose how I want to live and where I want to work, I’ve used my free will to earn my PMP. This certification has opened many doors for me and I’m taking full advantage. Presently, I’m one grade below the federal government’s maximum grade. I’ll max out before age 50. Why stay stagnant when inflation doesn’t? Moreover, I feel like the ground is shifting under my feet and seeking out new opportunities attached to my PMP. Remember, at the end of the day. I’m responsible for my career; and, it’s adapt or die!

No comments: