Saturday, June 22, 2013

Confessions of an Over-Studied PMP Person

            Confession: Receiving my GS-14 promotion has made me lax about my PMP certification study and logistics regression analysis class.  I have the $100,000. I don’t have to work as hard to get there.  Besides I have a whole year at GS-14 before qualifying for GS-15. I know that I have what it takes to get there. I refuse to be stuck at GS-14 like a whole lot of people.  I know that I am capable of being at the top of the food chain. 

            In 6 more days, I will be PMP-certified.  Saturday I will take my second SuperPMP. This is the harder exam than the regular PMP.  I want the hardest questions available because this means that I will pass the PMP exam. Last time I receive 46% which is the worst that I can do.  My goal is to get to 61%.  When I get to this level, I know that I will pass the PMP.  Tomorrow I will also write down the PMBOK page 43 and write down all of the project management process definitions and the earned value management formulae. After passing my PMP exam, I will go home, shower and rest (maybe order some ice cream!) then rest for a couple of weeks.  It has been nearly 2 years in the making. I just want it over with!

No comments: