Saturday, January 12, 2013

LivingSocial Rent the Runway Event at 918 F Street NW


            Even though I purchased my inaugural gown earlier this week, I decided that since I paid $8 for the LivingSocial Rent the Runway deal I might as well schlep over there to check it out.  I rode the red line to Gallery Place station walking to 918 F street NW.  I showed the lady my id, handed my coat over to the coat check, received a drink ticket and climbed the stairs to the Rent the Runway boutique.  There were five stacks of dresses, 2 for gowns and 3 for cocktail dresses.  You can also find dresses online.  At the event you could rent a dress for 20% off which was a very big steal.  Seeing the dresses upfront made my happy that I bought my Badgley Mischka gold sequined gown through Zappos because no one the inventory shined that mine did (No peeking!  I will receive it after attending the actual inaugural ball).
            Here are the photos:
I Heart Rent the Runway bag

Dress Stack 1

Dress Stack 2

Dress Stack 3

Milly gold and black lace cocktail gown

No comments: