Sunday, December 23, 2012

It's Better to Give Than Receive

            This past week I gave two people money so that they could have decent Christmases for their families.  Whenever I did open my wallet, I was thankful that God blessed me with the means to help them.
As I age, I take particular pride in being a giver instead a receiver.  It brings joy to my heart. Besides, I never want people to spend an astronomical amount of money on me. That’s quite embarrassing.  What I do love is mailing and receiving Christmas cards because I collect them.  Seeing the different kinds is awesome. Sometimes I write down the company because I might buying from it next year.  Of course, there are the cookies and candy; but, most importantly, family.  I will make it a priority to see mine in 2013 because snow or not family never gets old. 

No comments: