Monday, December 10, 2012

Doing Work Even When I'm Off


            Today I pledge not to do any work. I’ve outlined 8 pages of quality engineering statistics for one week and enrolled in statistics.com statistics 2 for another 4 weeks.  Nothing will interrupt my day; and, I’ve succeeded until tonight when I join a Google Hangout.  Kristi of Women CEO is brilliant bringing out ideas that help me become a better professional such as creating a brag sheet and finding workers on fiverr.com.  This year, I’ve received a promotion and attended three White House Tweetup sessions.  These are brag-worthy. Furthermore, she tells the group that we should have our goals done for 2014 and not just 2013. I don’t think that far.  Then it hits me that my agency wants me to stay on for 2 years after completing the leadership development program. Well, that’s 2014.  I might as well have a plan to accomplish some important milestones. Even though I don’t aspire to do any work today, I’m glad to hang out with Kristi because she’s gotten me ready for not just 2013 but also 2014.

No comments: