Thursday, May 24, 2012

Writing My Ticket to the Top!


Today while perusing the Ed2Go site, I see Introduction to Screenwriting course.  Two weeks ago I asked the company if it would offer one since I took Sitcom TV Writing.  I paid the money, printed the past three assignments and thank Ed2Go.  The Writer Center isn’t offering anything decent until June.  By then I will be on the 10th out of 12 lessons.  The upstart cable channel that I dream of writing for will start airing in June, less than one week from now.  I really need a kick in the rear.  Though I have written 12 outlines, I haven’t written an episode. Enrolling in the Introduction to Screenwriting accomplishes this.  The class instructor is the author of Writing the Pilot book that I bought off of Amazon.  I will read this in tandem with the class asking questions.  Besides taking Introduction to Screenwriting, I am taking five more courses before the Writer Center class .  First is the Artomatic’s workshop.  Second is the BlueCat Screenplay workshop.  I’m auditing this class. Third is the second Artomatic evening workshop.  Fourth is the Hill Center DC Food Writing Master Class.  As soon as I saw this I had to enroll because I am contending for the restaurant writer job.  I must upgrade my skills and prepare for the opportunity.  Finally, is third Artomatic workshop.  I am taking all of these three classes because I possess Women in Film & Video membership.  It has given me carte blanche into all of the media-related events.  Come the Writer Center class, I will be ready.

            Writer Center will offer How to Produce a Play.  I email the organization about applying my outstanding credit. I need to know how to stage a TV show and evaluate the fluidity of my episodes.  By the class, I will have written three episodes.  The organization says that I owe only $52.10 due to my credit which is a bargain.  Also I will check out Capital Fringe Festival to see how plays are done.  I might be able to write one myself.  The biggest thing that I will do is network because I might have to start writing plays to get noticed, but, I’m ready to put forth the effort.  I will keep you informed regarding my progress and if the network calls.

No comments: