Saturday, May 05, 2012

Passport DC

            Passport DC is the annual open house for all embassies.  Though I come out late for the festivities, I still manage to get my Cultural DC pamphlet stamp with four countries’ passports.  Even though I live right across the circle from the Australian embassy, that round-the-corner line deters me annually.  I opt for Mozambique Embassy off of New Hampshire avenue.  Later I cross DuPont Circle continuing down Massachusetts Avenue to the Bahamas Embassy where I take a photo of a man in carnival costume. Walking up Florida Avenue to Connecticut Avenue, I cut back to New Hampshire for Rwanda Embassy scoring a pamphlet.  I return back to Massachusetts Avenue. Seeing that the Trinidad and Tobago Embassy’s line has dwindled, I enter the building. After getting the stamp, I take a photo of the steel band and fellow Trinidadians. Then I bypass a man in a carnival insect costume crosses 17th street. Taking his photo, I go withdraw money to purchase Peruvian food.  Ordering pollo and causa rellena for $10, I return home satisfied that I have a ball at Passport DC!




No comments: