Thursday, March 13, 2008

This Is Not What I Want

Lord Have Mercy! Both ZP-III economist interviews were busts! During my morning interview, the interviewer gave me a wink-wink, nudge-nudge that I would be promoted without competition this May; however, I still felt that I wanted to vie for this position because it offered no competition for ZP-IV promotion. Becoming a Senior Executive Service Economist required ZP-V so every promotion was important towards realizing my career goal and I defended my decision to seek out other opportunities before my two-year anniversary. The interview was quite challenging especially there was not an abundance of information available; however, I was able to be honest in telling him what I did and did not know about the position since there was no information on the intranet. The afternoon one horrible because instead of a pure economist job, they were trying to sell me the okie-doke: an admin. support post with economist only in title! Yikes! What were they thinking? Luckily I had the phone interview tomorrow else I'd be depressed. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

No comments: