Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's Mathematically Possible

I have shared my college prep research experience regarding Bill Gates’ with a friend. The thing that still stumps me even after all of these weeks, is how I hadn’t known that I could be an engineer while sitting in calculus III! Well, I still can and I would study either chemistry, physics (I studied this in high school but did not have the math background. Now that I do I feel more comfortable with the formulas) or biology, for biostatistics. Mastering math opens a wider window of opportunities available to me right now or after receiving my doctorate. That's why passing the credit by examination proctored tests are so essential towards expanding my professional capabilities.

No longer will I depend upon someone else for advancement. Earning the nine statistics allows me to venture into other fields within my own department. I can also become a statistician, mathematical statistician and biostatistician. Now that’s recession-proofing my career because this year I will garner the credits necessary either through class or credit by examination to accrue 29 math credits to vie for these other jobs! Immediately I print all of the statistician jobs to review the requirements. My economics background supplies stellar transferable skills. Also it is a big plus that one of the largest government agencies hiring statisticians is under the same department as my employer. This distinction further would boost my candidacy.

No comments: