Monday, December 11, 2006

Opportunity Journal

Opportunity: a combination of circumstances favorable for the purpose; good chance.

The idea of keeping an opportunity journal came from last Thursday’s life coach meeting. Lynda remarked about my taking advantage of all of the opportunities afforded. She mentioned that very few people who relocate and transfer to another school simultaneously. Yet I had the drive to do so. She was right but I had never considered quitting!

Having just arrived in Virginia less than four months ago, I have left an indelible mark here. I am excelling at the local community college and look forward towards taking calculus next spring. Transferring to a four-year college and receiving my B.S. in Math en route to attending a top tier Ph.D. business and economics program, is my long-term goal, which I will achieve but capitalizing on all available opportunities afforded me.

No comments: