Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Opportunity Journal Entry #2

Yesterday I enrolled in my first healthcare program. Obtaining health insurance is the cornerstone to wealth building. Speaking of which American has received my check and has released its hold allowing me to register for spring.

Since I am enrolled at NOVA, even if the university tells me that it won't accept analytical calculus, I will simply test and keep my math credits. Doctoral programs require analytical calculus plus the math lab tutors and some applied calculus students have made disparaging remarks about the lack of theory. If applied calculus cannot teach me how to solve calculus problems then I will not take it even if if causes some scheduling problems!

Although Marymount offers only daytime classes, I have switched my focus to another Virginia in-state university which collaborates with my community college. This means that I can take online courses at NOVA and simultaneously earn both community college and my BA in Math! There are a few kinks that need to be sorted out like the majority of the math courses are offered during the mornings (the employee informed me that attending every session is at the teacher's discretion). However, if that is the case then I would just take online courses.

This whole manuevering thing has made me reconsider UDC although it is located in Washington, DC and I will not receive the in-state rate. My goal is take as many math classes as possible during the three years between my masters and doctoral degrees to skip the math requirement.

No comments: