Saturday, October 12, 2013

Rededicating Myself to Studying for the PMI-ACP Certification

            I’ve considered rededicating myself to studying for my PMI-ACP certification today. Ever since October 1st, I felt like something was untapped. I needed to adapt to a new situation. Earning my PMI-ACP certification is the answer because there are a lot of IT and agile opportunities out there that I can tap. I already have PMP certification and 3.5 months later it’s high time to start working on earning my second certification. I’ll apply the same schedule of taking one knowledge area practice exam then a full practice exam every week that I implemented while studying for the PMP exam. Furthermore, I am mentally in 2014 mode and earning my PMI-ACP certification is a nice way of ending 2013 and starting 2014. I am thinking bigger and better for next year. I am looking for my GS-15 and armed with two project management certifications, I know that I’ll get one.

            I am all about taking full advantage of opportunities and the PMI-ACP certification is one. I know that employers are starting to demand it and why not position myself? Though many people have the PMP, not too many have the PMI-ACP. Also the PMI-ACP is more rigorous than Certified Scrum Master (CSM). Personally, I am all about the grind. Whenever I see that there’s a pathway leading me to more opportunities, I take it. It’s the reason why I have an MBA, PMP and now a PMI-ACP before December 31st.

No comments: