Monday, December 19, 2011

Financially Speaking

Finishing the analysis and valuation for stocks final has taught me a new set of finance skills. I am better equipped to decide my future including retirement. I am developing investment strategy which’ll provide me with more income. Since next year, I’ll deal with more intellectual property with songwriting, magazine articles and TV pilot. Moreover, I can read financial statements, calculate ratios and uncover deals. I will do these checks on firms that interest. Next year I’ll celebrate my 10th year MBA reunion and even with marriage and child rearing I’ll be sitting on a Fortune 500 board by my 20th year MBA reunion. Tomorrow I will open a regular savings at PNC. I’ll deposit what I can into it. Right now I want to create a habit. The statement savings requires $200 floor and my life isn’t stable enough for this account. Once it does then I will upgrade accounts. Right now I want to create a savings habit. In addition, I want to reconcile then close my HSCB account because I am no longer using it. Furthermore, I will read my retirement statements and reassess my diversification because it will start working for me in 2012. I’ll fax the HQ office for more 2012 investment information because I make my retirement decisions over the Christmas holiday break. Thanks to the two finance courses, I will be more astute next year. I have taken analysis and valuation of stocks to decipher venture capital deals and become an angel investor. I possess sufficient business knowledge to advise new start-ups. Acquainting myself with the value side will help grow businesses. I am also big on microfinance because I know that offering small businesses these small amounts stimulate the economy pulling America out of the recession. Next year, I will focus on realizing all of my business goals.

No comments: