Friday, September 11, 2009

You Cannot Give with a Closed Palm

Increasing my philanthropy has been one of my 32nd birthday wishes so receiving the DC Dress for Success annual luncheon invitation has made my day! Attending this event enables me to realize my personal objective. Having donated money and shoes, I am an avid supporter of this organization because it ensures that women can wear professional clothing, get jobs and feed their families. In addition, the ticket price is affordable. Furthermore, since one of my social service organizations holds clothing drives, I will ask if I may attend this program and give a report at the general body meeting. Since I am picking out my annual event table, I might as well infuse something that’s free! More importantly giving to DC for Success is about lifting as I climb.

This has always been core to my being because no one gets here by himself. Also I want to see people do better. Moreover, charitable giving shows my money maturation because one year ago I could find afford this ticket. However, after signing a one-year rental contract which keeps my costs down, my band promotion, and paying off a student loan, I have enough money to give to others, and in a way, myself.

No comments: