Wednesday, September 02, 2009

My Promotional Job Search Thus Far

When one of my interviewers asks me to supply a reference's phone number, I believe that I may be on the cusp of receiving a GS-12 Economist offer. Though staying internally is my original aim, the interviewer's department has this neat housing project focusing on my hometown so I would not feel bad if I go there for an opportunity. In addition, this department has its own leadership development program enabling me to still realize my career objective of joining the Senior Executive Service. Therefore, if I must make a move then so be it. The decision should come either late this week or after Labor Day. During this time I will contact my internal interviewers to inquire about the status of my applications because this is crunch time!
However, if this and other opportunities do not materialize there is always six more GS-12 Economist applications which have been forwarded to the hiring official in the last three weeks; four of them within one week. I feel that after Labor Day people will once again call me for interviews therefore I am not worried since one of these applications is inside of my department and Human Resources rates me qualified at both the GS-12 and GS-13 levels!

No comments: