Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Morning After

Affirmation:
The sun rises in the sky, a brilliant vision. I breathe deeply, relax, and know I can face the day. The sun sets in the sky, a glorious image. I close my eyes, know I did my best today, and prepare for the day to come.

I truly do need this especially after bombing my graduate microeconomics midterm yesterday. This magnifies the importance of acing my mathematical methods midterm next week; and, my econometrics midterm this Thursday (Speaking of which my professor has emailed me this morning; but, instead of battling it out I will simply delete the message. Why fight this early in the morning?). That all but assured me that next year I will not be attending a top-tier doctoral university (though as an alumna I could still sit in on one AU doctoral class per semester. See the power of positive thinking! Yes, I know that applying to an Ivy League is out of the question but I can still graduate with my MA in Economics degree then take courses at American in preparation for my next move.).

No comments: