Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Opportunity Journal Entry #23: Ode to Financial Empowerment

Just when I think that there is no way I can afford my education, I put together a plan. Subtracting the agency’s tuition assistance and my scholarship leaves an outstanding balance; however, with money in my coffers, only a small difference remains. That’s why I really do not need a loan and to take a day to mull over whether or not to pay out of pocket.

It has taken nearly five months to accumulate this kind of money in my other account. Therefore, winning one more scholarship and diligently saving, technically I can pay for my education out of pocket come spring without any loan money. Furthermore, I can always return the additional money. The bank will approve or disprove of my loan within sixty minutes and it will disburse it to the school within two weeks pending no additional documentation. However, getting an updated billing is my job, therefore, Thursday morning, I will review my student account then apply for the loan.

Socking away money for a rainy day has its benefits because honestly I would have never known that this would be the emergency; yet, it is I can deal with it immediately without straining myself. Now I can stroll over and eat $5 entrees during Happy Hour and attend the PINK PASS party at K Street Lounge.

No comments: