Friday, April 25, 2008

Budgetary Matters: Timing is Everything

Yesterday I ate at $15 chopped steak smothered with bleu cheese a steak and $8.50 sorbet dessert at a reputable steakhouse only to receive my $20 gift certificate from earning bonus points. Yikes! However, I will not use until my next off-day because it is essential not to waste my tax refund money eating out. Essentially although there is still a surplus, reining in spending at eating at home more often are still practical ways of staying above the fray.
Academically speaking I am happy to continue applying for scholarships prior to budget cuts. AU's tuition will be over $1080 and that's steep. These cuts may reduce or even disqualify me from receiving agency aid. My goal is to submit 20-25 applications. My recommender included these two obstacles in my letter. While creating a timetable to efficiently and effectively apply to all of these scholarships, I realize the importance of ensuring that everything is submitted on schedule. Remember, timing is everything!

No comments: