Monday, June 09, 2014

Transition to Mentor

I have been a member of a particular Linkedin test-taker support group for a couple of years. This week a person posted that he has failed the exam twice. I feel sorry for him because everyone else in the Linkedin study group has been passing.  I’ve never known anyone who has failed once let alone twice. I don’t want him to fail a third time because then he would be disqualified.  I know the pain of failing the CAPM the first time.  I’ve used that pain as motivation to pass the PMP exam the first time.  One of the study pages contains all of these study links. I’ve copied them for him emailing them privately.  Even though I have stopped studying for this exam to prepare for the PMI-PBA certification exam, I just want to be a blessing to someone.  This certification exam has a lot of cross-industry portability.  I want that man to be able to pass it and help his family have a better future. Heck, I just want him to pass and not feel like a loser.  After sending the email, it hit me that I am now a mentor, a den mother, if you will in this group.  I do have a considerable amount of influence, it’s due to offering people congratulations when they’ve posted passing the exam.  This is the first time that I have actually contacted someone and provided resources to a test-taker.  I am happy that I have been a blessing to this man and nothing more.

No comments: