Saturday, June 21, 2014

Quick 1st Half of 2014 Assessment

                I must admit that I hadn’t expected to be where I am at today, June 21, 2014. On January 1, 2014, I expected to have my PMI-ACP certification but then PMI announced that it was having a PMI-PBA pilot program. Immediately I jump at the opportunity.  I must also admit that in the past 6 months I have become a Small Business Book Award judge, attended the White House spring garden event snapping photos, and have an article published.  With today being 9 days until the halfway mark, I do see myself accomplishing these key objectives:
·         PMI approving my PMI-PBA certification application
·         Completely outlining PMBOK chapters 5, 8 and 13 to prepare for the PMI-PBA
·         Finished reading BABOK chapters 2 and 3
·         Scored 80% on the RMC Project’s PMP scope, quality and stakeholder management knowledge area practice exams.
·         Completed Ed2Go Introduction to SQL and Advanced Excel 2010 online courses
·         Enrolled in the USDA Graduate School SQL course for in-person assistance
·         Expand my personal and professional network
·         Have fun the entire time
Although this looks like a lengthy list, I am already in the process of completing many of these tasks so I will meet all of these obligations before June 30, 2014. Furthermore, here are my prospective 2nd half of 2014 goals below:
·         Transfer the PMI-PBA knowledge and start studying for the Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) exam by October at the latest. I think that I will finish it before then.
·         Get promoted
·         Seek more challenges
·         Travel more
·         Improve my SQL and Oracle programming skills
·         Pass the PMI-ACP certification test

No comments: