Friday, February 14, 2014

Synergy!

Things are moving fast. Today while working on applying for jobs and enjoying my snow day, I receive an email congratulating me on becoming a Small Business Book Awards judge.  I am honored because there will probably a whole lot of applicants. It just feels good to be acknowledged. I’ve submitted my two topics (economics and technology). Possessing economics work experience, I am well-versed in the topics. Furthermore, I have over 10 years’ data mining experience and am a Trekker so technology is right up my alley. Most importantly, I love reading books because I can always learn something from them. With the Small Business Book Awards, I intend to read all of the cutting edge business topics to stay on top of my game.
                This announcement comes on the heels of receiving Chaz’s Careeranista book and being mentioned in the acknowledgements. I will build upon this momentum by considering freelance writing. I might even restart my fiverr.com page to earn more income. $5 is better than nothing. I think it’s even my 1% cost of living adjustment (COLA) from the federal government.  And it doesn’t just stop with this new book judge announcement. It gets better.

                While reading my graduate school’s alumni newsletter, the university says that it is looking for bloggers. Since the alumni department follows me on Twitter, I know that I am a frontrunner. Furthermore, I have stayed in the alumni notes page with my promotions and project management certification accomplishments. I will use my writing as my ticket to get out of this predicament.

No comments: