Thursday, February 13, 2014

Making Moves

                I helped proofread a friend’s book and she quoted me and wrote me in her acknowledgements. She also debuted a career website along with her book. I asked her about writing articles for the site and if freelancers wrote the majority of the material. She responded that though most freelancers wrote the website material, they did it for free. Well, I knew that I could at least get something since I helped her with the book.  Furthermore, I wanted to expand my career opportunity and writing is right up the alley.

                Writing will be my ticket out of a toxic workplace. With the government shut down, Friday being my off day and Monday being Presidents’ Day, I have 5 days towards working on my craft. Immediately I wrote her my biography (BA, MBA and PMP) and a photo to her copy editor to get started. Even in the midst of a snowstorm, I am making career moves.  I am using my pen to get out of this raggedy mess.  

No comments: