Saturday, August 25, 2012

Louisville Slugger Museum


Though work has run me rugged (I got sick when the proposed, quant, intimate gathering of 4 blew up to a rambunctious group of 14.  My body wasn’t prepared for that kind of shock. When there was 4 people you sit there for an hour not 2.5 hours with 14.  My body shut down giving me a massive headache and upsetting my digestive track!). Once it subsided a day later, I made my way to the Louisville Slugger Museum. I pay $11 for the tour and it doesn’t disappoint because we get to see the actual Major League Baseball players being made. The guide tells us that many MLB players sign contracts. Also it is an added bonus as a Clevelander to see Jim Thome’s and Grady Sizemore’s bats! Finally, there is a new guide who has been working for 3 days.  The crowd applauds at the end then we receive our mini-bats. The guide tells us that if we are flying out at the airport we must either check the bats in our luggage or ship them. I decide to ship mine because I don’t have any more space in my bag. After buying my postcard, I leave knowing that my bat is safe and I’ve made the right decision.

Louisville Slugger Museum

A Tree's Journey

Jackie Robinson

Joe DiMaggio

Hank Aaron's bat

'Reading' a Bat

Ted Williams

Lou Brock

Jackie Robinson Signing with Louisville Slugger

Henry Aaron Signing with Louisville Slugger

No comments: