Friday, July 20, 2012

Agenda: Lead!

            I have been accepted into my new agency’s leadership development program.  I am very happy about this achievement since I’ve been here less than 90 days (I will officially be there 90 days on July 23rd.  I will be in Fresno, California at a conference.).  Even though I’m in the second installment, due to my not being here a long time, I am nevertheless happy to make the cut.  This makes me two leadership programs for two agencies!

            Acceptance has motivated me to restart studying for project management.  Today I’ve written down all of the PMP Practice Makes Perfect practice test c wrong answers.  I’ve scored 76.1% which is more than enough to pass the certification exam; but, I will score no lower than 80% on practice test D. Breaking 80% gives me the 10%+ cushion allowing me to walk into Prometric and pass the PMP exam the first time.
Earning my PMP certification has been a nearly one-year journey.  Though the frequent business trips have delayed my taking the exam, I am adamant about taking it in August.  My scores show that I am nearly there.  However, I am not relying solely PMP Practice Makes Perfect.  I will take the Farnsdale PMP practice paper exam while in Fresno.  Since it is a 4-hour flight from Phoenix to Fresno, I am packing it in my bag because this is a productive use of my time.  I am thinking about carrying the Oliver Lehmann paper test.  I am not going to the Fresno facility on Monday allowing me one day to work on project management. I will take full advantage of this. Obtaining this certification makes me the deadly MBA/PMP combination that I crave!  This combo increases my competitive advantage over other people.  This is what I call a productive summer!

No comments: