Sunday, June 03, 2012

On the Eve of My First Business Trip

            I am happy about preparing for this El Paso trip.  It’s my first professional one.  I’ve only be here for 6 weeks and out of the blue, the director asks me to join him, the Deputy Director and another employee.  The request is so fast that even with the GSA travel training and credit screening, I have to pay for my own room because it comes less than 10 days needed to process my stuff.  I will be reimbursed as soon as I touch down in DC. The only bad thing is that it’ll be 99 degrees everyday in El Paso versus 75 degrees in DC. 
This is my chance to prove my mettle by showcasing my statistical prowess.  While reviewing my total quality applications lessons, all of the advanced statistics knowledge starts returning.  I mean every tidbit: t-distribution, F-distribution, z-score, null hypothesis.  Everything which is the reason why I call all of the local bookstores seeing if they carry Statistics Essentials for Dummies.  None of them do forcing me to use Google Play.  I will still order the physical copy that I can hold, highlight and write notes in via Amazon that’ll await me upon my return. It lets me flesh out everything that I’ve read during the trip. 

No comments: