Sunday, February 12, 2012

Saturday Night at Policy


            The reason why I decided to eat Policy was because that screenwriting instructor advised to ‘get a life and go outside when all of your characters sounded alike.’  I was truly against surrounding myself with broke hipsters who used to live off of DuPont Circle but since the Great Recession now lived off of U Street, I made the trek up 14th and T streets NW at 10pm and it was a madhouse!  There were people lined outside of the door!  Luckily, I had a reservation or so I thought.  I told the male host about mine and he disappeared for 10 minutes.  The people kept coming crowding the small waiting area.  The security guard asked me for ID which was extremely ghetto.  I could dine at Palm or Bourbon Steak without showing ID and they are five-star restaurants!  I had to chase down the female hostess and snag the booth.  My tables wasn’t bussed because the staff was spread thin.  At least I got a sheet. I asked my waitress for recommendation and she mentioned that the chicken wasn’t small plates but everything else was.  Then I inquired about the olive and she said that was a good choice.  Now I loved olives but not the full bushel of them!  I sat there thinking there was no way Policy could make a profit giving three pounds at $1.99 a piece!  Sheesh!  Next was the chicken with mashed potatoes were excellent.  What wasn’t excellent were all of the wannabe people there.  They were my age but unlike me didn’t have the disposable income.  See, I was a professional; whereas, they were support.  The men walked around in Men’s Warehouse shirts and the women paraded around in Limited dresses.  These items you typically didn’t see in my neighborhood!  My meal was actually so I considered desserts but after waiting 15 minutes for my waitress, I declined asking for my check!  I paid and returned back to my humble abode.  Next time, I will simply go for lunch and save myself to Cititrends drama or people posing without any real income!

No comments: