Saturday, February 11, 2012

Last Night at El Centro D.F.

            I am back at El Centro DF because I craved Mexican food and familiarity.  Though Opentable.com had Policy reservation, I refused to sit amongst all of those broke hipsters.  I knew that I made more money than they did.  Just ordered my Jalisco shrimp and crab dinner and ate in peace!  I walked up to the restaurant where the hostess initially assigned me to ‘the downstairs dungeon.’  I barfed telling her that I preferred sitting on the ground floor.  The downstairs wouldn’t be bad if the steps were wider.  If someone was going in the opposite direction, you must stop.  That was hard when you were on an incline.  I ain’t breaking my ankle over no food!  Okay so the lady seated me right across from the men’s bathroom.  Whenever it was in use, the bright light hit me.  I felt like a pre-midnight Gremlin, I claimed victory by not being seated in purgatory!         

            When the waitress brought me my Jalisco meal with the plantains and cilantro rice, my eyes expanded liked one of those cartoon characters.  I was in disbelief that I would get all of that food for $15!  It was bigger than the family-sized HungryMan TV dinner.  It was yummy, too!  Also it’s so colorful, I should had brought my camera!  This reminded me to buy the USB cable chord from Amazon ASAP!  Though I could not eat the whole thing, I made a major dent into the plate.  I finished off one soft taco, ½ the plantains and ¾ of the cilantro rice!  I prided myself of consuming that much food!  Major gastronomical feat!  I should had taken a bow of over it!  I had the waitress box the rest of my meal because plantains would be wonderful for tomorrow’s breakfast.  Exiting El Centro D.F. fat and happy and carefree from today’s world wind day. 

No comments: