Sunday, January 15, 2012

Masa 14 Dinner Restaurant Week Review

I went to Masa 14 for my final Restaurant Week meal because I saw the Kung Fu Chicken. Anything named that was worthy of a try. Since it was on 14th street instead of either downtown, DuPont Circle or Georgetown, I didn’t think that I needed to reserve on Opentable a day before; but, I was wrong. I called the restaurant for 8pm. I wore my black Neiman Marcus cashmere sweater, black Armani Exchange jeans and black Nine West booties there because I wanted to stand out against all of those low-rent hipsters. I was right. I looked way more polished than these peons. Well, I started ordering and first up with the Masa chicken salad which I loved because it had more chicken than salad. Second was the okra and chilies which was okay but the dish contained more chilies than okra disappointing me. Third, was the Kung Fu Chicken, the reason why I dined there. It was very good not tasting like generic Chinese food with MSG. The dish tasted like an actual chef created it. Finally, there was the banana cake dessert. It was moist and delicious! I would return to Masa because unlike other small plate restaurant, I left full which was wonderful because I had no desire to cook after returning home.

No comments: