Saturday, August 27, 2011

The CAPM Chronicles

Thursday I received my CAPM license number meaning that I was officially certified! I accepted the reality that my personal and professional lives would change forever because that was a difference between a professional and a certified professional. I possessed an MBA but adding CAPM project management certification provided another dimension. That motivated me to email all of my Project Management Professional application recommenders this afternoon (might as well since Hurricane Irene's aftermath kept me inside). Once I was able to sit for the PMP exam, I will pass it propelling me into the stratosphere. Armed with this coveted certification combined with five years' experience and an MBA, guaranteed numerous options. However, I wouldn't depend solely on these three attributes. Starting next week I will start expanding my professional networking. Call it career management because if my reality will change, I must change whom I associate it.

Tuesday I will attend the 85 Broads Washington, DC chapter's summer soiree, to meet all of its members. These women are corporate CEOs, businesswomen, venture capitalists and community servants. I identify with them because I am just as successful. Though there are several membership levels, I have decided to join the $250 Visionary because I want to promote books and my blogs. Moreover, my nine years' MBA experience tells me that I should start over again especially since I have the credential to successfully function at this level. By the time I join in mid-September, I will have taken the PMP exam (I will not receive my score until mid-October because the Project Management Institute [PMI] has published a new exam and hasn't run diagnostic testing on passing or failing yet). I will arrive there armed with my graduate degree and project management certification.

No comments: