Saturday, September 27, 2014

Getting All of the Fear of Failure Out of the Way

                 I scored 72.72% (16 out of 22) on the RMC CBAP/CCBA exam prep chapter 3 today. I took it cold without reading the chapter. I just wanted a baseline to see how well I would do. There was so much overlap between project management and business analysis. Although they had different terminologies, I understood most of the concepts. Given that 61% was the PMI-PBA passage rate (I was using the CBAP exam prep book since the PMI-PBA certification exam was new and there weren’t any prep materials), I knew that I would pass the exam the first time.   I also stopped fearing failing the exam because it was unknown. I just took a stab at it and what did I know: I scored 72%! Scoring that high also helped me decide that earning my PMI-PBA first ahead of my PMI-ACP would had been a way better move. 

No comments: