Sunday, September 18, 2011

Time to Re-Up!

I have taken a nearly one month sabbatical since passing the CAPM exam and now it’s high time to return to studying for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification; and, with good reason. All of my PMP recommenders say that they will approve me and on the 28th headquarters will have a PMP program briefing event. I’ve told the program manager about my receiving my CAPM and my interest in learning more about HQ’s connection to the university project management program. The school awards a MA in Project Management and once I receive my PMP, I am looking forward to being on the staff as an assistant or an instructor. I like helping people reach their fullest potential and working as the liaison between my employer and the school is a wonderful way to accomplish this objective.
I have given myself three months to pass the PMP but I do think that I can achieve this in two months. The new PMP exam uses the same project management manual. In addition, I have the new Rita Mulachy PMP exam study guide. I’ve used the last edition to pass the CAPM; and, since that test uses the same manual I know that I will pass the PMP even if the test has changed 25%. I will bill myself as a ‘change-agent’ because I am able to pass the new PMP without assistance from Internet practice exams. Realizing that in less than two months, my academic fate can change is exhilarating!

No comments: