Sunday, March 14, 2010

Proactivity Blog Entry #9: Premonitions of Good Fortune

Sometime a while ago, I had this premonition that I should put my black sweater and Ann Taylor slacks in the dry cleaners because something good will happen to me; and, that Friday I received a phone call scheduling me for an interview. It was amazing because I did not know where it came. I aced the economist interview and sometime later that week, I received another email for the second statistician position. It just seemed that everything was coming together two weeks after four feet of snow froze everything. However, this good fortune was not mere happenstance but a whole season of hard work. In 2009, I enrolled in summer school to complete the six statistics credits to qualify for the statistician position. I realize that combining my mathematics credits, I also qualify for the mathematical statistician occupation. I was happy that now I was eligible for three mission-critical occupations; thus, giving me three avenues towards becoming a Senior Executive Series worker. Receiving this promotion was the first step towards achieving one of my career objectives, and, something told me when the time was right another premonition would come my way.

No comments: