Friday, August 07, 2009

Ascending the Ladder

Yesterday I nailed my economist interview by asking two very good questions and possessing very solid economics knowledge. I could see myself working for the hiring manager because I could discover new things without competition. After lunch I returned to my desk where another person asked me about my availability for a brief 20-minute interview for the healthcare economist. I replied saying Tuesday, August 11th since Friday and Monday were my off days. Finally, while printing my announcement, resume and application answers I noticed that the agency forwarded my newest application to the hiring official. Immediately I clicked on QuickHire and my III/IV economist application had been forwarded to the hiring official!

I notified my boss about interviewing. Though he had taken it well, this was the hardest thing that I had to do because I really loved my job! In addition with the recovery transfer payments being implemented I knew that next year there would be so many new components! However, getting accepted into ELDP was my primary career objective so if moving on means moving up then so be it! Ever since my friend who took a detail at Main Commerce became section chief at another agency told me that I qualified for higher grades, I knew that I could realize my goal. Never settle even if I liked my current position!

No comments: