Sunday, May 03, 2009

The Second Time Around

Yippee! I (think) that I have aced my calculus III final Thursday by reviewing my work thrice. It is essential to take my time . This tactic and asking the professor about the error analysis question result in getting four questions right. This caps off a great two weeks because the professor says that no one in the class will fail, I promptly complete my summer tuition assistance for elementary statistics and registered for linear algebra or business statistics for the fall semester. I have regained my life and my doctoral aspirations are back on track! By the end of this summer, I will have twenty-three math credits and halfway towards becoming a statistician and by December 2009, I will have twenty-nine math credits and qualify for the statistician, mathematician and mathematical statistician positions. I want to become a full-fledged member of the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) community and am nearly there. During this time period, I will attend the American Statistical Association JSM conference and its continuing education seminar. By December 2009 I will have everything professionally in place.

Retaking calculus III is a humbling journey because this is the first time in over five years that I have received a D in math. Although it is hard, I know that cannot have that blemish stay on my academic record because doctoral school is on the horizon. Therefore, I have put my all into this class because my future is on the line.

No comments: