Friday, March 06, 2009

I Wish You Well, I Guess? I Dunno

I have accomplished a lot today! I have submitted my ALDP forms so that my matrix spreadsheet will not be blank. Financial empowerment: Saturday I will deposit $375 to replenish my savings account. Tuesday, I will open my online savings account to stash away more money. In addition, next week I will calculate my bills, register for my Hiram College tenth year reunion, and submit my ALDP management interviews and developmental assignment impact paper.

Later this evening, I am happy to have spoken to my friend about her predatory lending situation because I really want to hear what transpire. For three weeks, I have tried to text message her but to no avail. However, she has notified me that she has bought a new cell phone (figures!). Listening to her, I realize that those silly teenage boys are nothing to the very real problems that she has (Although they will probably be in juvenile detention this summer)! Therefore, I am grateful for the problems that I do have: no predatory mortgage, crazy people particularly family whom I can keep at a distance and not having to deal with bill collectors. However, Ellen’s plight just makes me more of an advocate.

No comments: