Monday, January 05, 2009

Education and Opportunity for All

Work has paid dividends today because researching some counties using the exception edit let me see how other Americans are using the Pell Grant to pay for their education. Until today I have never known that Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Augustana College and Concordia University exist in Oklahoma, North Dakota, and West Virginia, respectively. These are not numbers but people which motivate me to solidify my spring 2009 plans. I have overcome my fear of submitting the wrong email to a professor(I will still call my advisor for vetting purposes). I will finalize my schedule and aid package and check the bookstore for the new book. Completing these classes put me only my master's thesis away from graduating.

On another note, Tuesday I will travel to UDC to submit my certified tax return. I need to have everyhing aligned because this summer I will have two independent study research seminars. This is my way to bolster my analytical background. Also I will conduct county cycle research because this year has been interesting to say the least. I have had the opportunity to find and fix many errors. This has been a learning experience enabling me to grow from it. Personally I feel that these experiences allow me to ace the SAS certification.

No comments: