Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Opportunity Journal Entry #15: Taking Charge

Yippee! The division program manager emails me for my agency's ZP-III Economist interview. This is important because now I have two opportunities to remain here while securing the promotion. Initially, I was happy but afterward a little afraid about my newfound fortune because I really did not want to work for her but still wanted to remain on the eighth floor (Okay so I am picky but have just realized that since I work within the division neither my boss nor his supervisor can interview me).

Never back down from opportunities! Embrace it especially since my boss’ boss has told me that I had to become a subject expert and wait until the end of the county cycle. Already I am thinking of ways to successfully convert my skills into the ZP-III promotion. Having just revised my flowcharts, I can take all of my experience of using different data to complete my state components as a sign that I am a flexible problem-solver (Who can argue with that?). Furthermore, during my seventeen-month tenure, I have completed two state cycles and one county cycle, received pay-for-performance. Moreover, I am the youngest Data Review Tool (DRT) member who is selected because I have taken both SAS A/F classes and am responsible for maintaining the frame. Capitalizing upon all of these opportunities enable me to take charge of my career.

No comments: