Friday, September 02, 2005

Basking in All of the Glory

Good news! A federal agency is so interested in me as a candidate for the Economist position that HR has emailed me the employment forms (which I immediately mailed today) and a recruiter has arranged a phone interview for early next week! Also, the recruiter has mentioned that she wants a writing sample forwarded prior to the interview. I have the discretion of selecting the length and subject matter. J This makes the second government agency that has contacted me this week. And, including the private sector Associate Consulting Economist position, my weekly total is three. Things are really looking up for me!

Earlier this morning, I tested 81% in Word and 84% in Excel at a temporary agency! Calling the downtown recruiter regarding the receipt of my scores (I took them at a different branch and they failed to print), he said that early next week he should have an answer for me because my scores are great!

While I bask in the glory receiving all of the good news regarding the Economist positions, I have finally taken the Labor recruiter’s recommendation about my failure to meet the minimum GS-07 requirements into full consideration. She stated that I needed more graduate economic courses. I asked if I needed 18 and she concurred. Today I filed my FAFSA and searched for scholarships at Cleveland State University. Even if I do garner these other positions, I will still use tuition reimbursement to finance my doctorate in Economics. The recruiter’s comments were sound and unbiased plus she didn’t to attack or degrade my contributions.

Later today I will finish typing the final thank you letters for my Monday Economist interviews, enjoy the weekend!

No comments: