Friday, May 06, 2005

Grateful Journal Entry: May 6, 2005

I am grateful for these five things:

1) I have my health!

2) I have taken time out for me.

3) I have taken myself so serious.

4) Having read today's paper about Pauline Bunkley McCadden's journey towards earning her libral arts degree from Cleveland State University (my alma mater) at age 78, has motivated me to do more. I don't have any of her trials and tribulations, therefore, I should accomplish more!

5) That I am currently working towards my future of being an Economist by studying for the BLS assessment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Carla, My mother is the lady that you read about in the paper who received her college degree at 78 years old. I wish that I had thought to google her name before September 1,2010 because she would have loved to have read this and would have reached out to you. She love people and loved telling her story. It saddens me to write that my mother passed on 9/1/10 but she lives on, not only in her children but in the lives of everyone who was touched by her story like you. Pleas email us and tell us how Mrs. Pauline Bunkley McCadden help you make your dream come true.