Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Getting over the Hump

Today has been nothing less than unpredictable and in a way that’s just the way I like it! Earlier this morning, the Volt representative called to inform me that the accounting firm wants to schedule an interview! Cool. Initially I sat in shock because those interviews were supposed to take place on November 14th and 21st, but I will take it. The most impressive thing throughout this process has been the advocacy and cheerleading that this Volt representative has had for me since the beginning. She has been extremely supportive and tomorrow will help me prepare for it.

This push and positive energy are necessary to endure the next collision: CVS pharmacy told me that 1000 pills will cost me $135! Yikes! Last time at the Bedford Heights CVS the same prescription cost $20 max. Immediately I called my doctor’s office and relayed the message to the secretary who also told me that this very pharmacy tried to report my doctor to the medical board for writing a 1000-pill subscription. Oh my goodness. This cannot be happening to me. After calling the secretary again, we both agreed to cancel the prescription and called the hospital’s pharmacy which provided the quote of $45.87. That’s more like it! I will pay the prescription with my own money which will hopefully arrive today. If not I will ask my mother for assistance. Thursday I will ask the secretary to have my doctor write another prescription for me because that episode was downright ridiculous!

More good news! The National Hook-Up for Black Women, Incorporated has notified me via email that it will send me a scholarship application to be eligible for its Chicago regional scholarship! This has made my day! In addition, to the two other scholarships offered by this organization, I qualify for all three! I will place my best foot forward to ensure that I run the table because I possess the credentials to successfully garner this money and really do want to attend graduate school debt-free!

No comments: