Friday, November 11, 2005

Wake Up Call

Right after returning from the Hostess Bakery, I took a shower then temporarily lost my eyeglasses by mistakenly placing them behind the toilet paper. I searched everywhere in my room to locate them because a temporary agency called me to submit my resume to be considered for placement, but I couldn’t find them! Prior to her call, I lazily watched television and planned to go to the library at 1pm; however, her phone call made me jump up and leave an hour earlier; or, at least so I thought. The appointment I made with the librarian I was forced to reschedule because I could had found them on time to catch my bus.

Though I am now embarrassed to admit such a thing, I am actually content with knowing that I was still on schedule. What would the circumstances be if I decided to leave on time and the same thing happened: I would had been screwed. The recruiter gave me a literal “wake up call” reminding me that I must be organized to realize every opportunity coming my way.

No comments: