Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Omg! When I awoke this morning, little did I know what would be in store for me today! Of course, I knew that I would attend this social luncheon at a tony restaurant however the majority of my day was unscripted. I traveled downtown to deposit my check only for the teller to inform me that my employer didn’t sign the check! This is amazing and all the more reason why I need a full-time job. I am praying to God to deliver me from this situation. First he didn’t mail last week’s pay until Thursday and because Veterans Day was last Friday, I couldn’t deposit it until Saturday; therefore, the funds weren’t available until this past Tuesday! And, now this! I do not know about this one! I am going to conveniently make my exit because this is ridiculous! Immediately after being embarrassed at the bank, I headed over to my social function and of course, was the first one there. :) The eatery is one of three restaurants in the area serving Mediterranean cuisine, has a great reputation for food and service. All of the waiters speak both English and Spanish. However, when I asked to be seated in the reserved area, the waiter replied, “Excuse me, but I didn’t understand your English?!” Also unbeknownst to me the organization didn’t reserve my meal selection so I was forced to wait 15 minutes while everyone else ate. Plus I had to deal with this dude who was a first-rate jerk broadcasting all of his business around the room (He exclaimed that he only remembered this event ten minutes ago.”) Honestly, I didn’t think that I would return again.

After walking to the library, I logged onto the computer to reply to the bank email about relocating to Charlotte, North Carolina. The HR person tersely responded “ We aren’t considering you because we found a local candidate.” Bitch! I responded “ Thank you.” Nothing today has been going well for me and because I Can make my own hours, I will buy dinner and retire early.

No comments: