Friday, November 18, 2005

Urban League Equal Opportunity Luncheon

The organization’s luncheon was magnificent replete with all of the movers and shakers of the black business community in attendance. As a Young Professional, our table was reserved (though it was in the back :(. However, all of my fellow YPers brought their camaraderie thereby providing a festive environment. The marketing co-chair and I discussed her graduate examination prep courses and data mining classes at CSU. Good, I responded that I received both CSU and Tri-C’s books within a two day period. Mentally I hoped that the online classess offered the same instruction and the offline ones since there were big price differentials. During the event, the keynote speaker noted that blacks comprised of only 6% of Greater Cleveland bachelor’s degree recipient. His remark floored me because I obtained both a bachelor’s and a master’s; so, did that statistic make me 1% of the population? Kind of scary! The event was pretty good (it always is when you do not pay yet still receive a ticket!) :)

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

I used to work for Vernon Jordan's law firm, AKin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld. Greetings!