Friday, November 04, 2005

It Just Keeps Getting Better All of The Time

The Cleveland State University Career Fair was a rousing success! All of the business contacts, resumes, and new opportunities from knowing about the companies’ core competencies more than made up for an earlier spat. My best interview experience was with the Department of the Treasury Bureau of the Public Debt. The recruiter accepted both my resume and transcripts, told me that I would start the Financial Systems Analyst Career Intern position at GS-09 (which is a level above the GS-07 with Veterans Affairs). Though she would not return to her office until Monday, I am sending out my thank you letter today to ensure that she received it Monday. Furthermore, the recruiter mentioned that there was ONE position in Washington, D.C.; and, I will be the ONE individual who will land that position! The second best interview was with Goodyear Tire because even though I accidentally misplaced the Corporate Finance HR Manager’s business card (luckily, I found it), he still gave me his email address and proclaimed that as long as he had my resume I would be okay! The third best were the Deloitte and Ernst & Young whom provided me with HR Contact information plus phone numbers. Though there were some duds (two jobs closed that day) and some downright nasty representatives (an energy company shall remain nameless), overall, I had a very pleasurable experience.

No comments: